Interior Design Assistant
Brightwater Interior Design is looking for a design assistant with a fun & outgoing personality, committed to collaboration and creativity, and is eager to learn and grow with our firm. The Design Assistant will be responsible for helping with everyday office and client duties related to interior design. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, willingness to be flexible with day-to-day tasks and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Assist/support principal Designer on multiple projects
- Drafting floor plans, elevations and additional construction documents
- Sourcing and pricing material selections (plumbing fixtures, tile, cabinetry, furniture, lighting, accessories, etc.)
- On-site visits to ensure proper installations
- Ordering and tracking
- Scheduling of subcontractors and vendors
- Assisting with inquiries and client communication
- Keeping library updated and organized
- Assist with social media and marketing efforts
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Interior Design
- 2+ years experience as a residential designer with a portfolio of work and knowledge of Cleveland area design resources.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Suite. Knowledge of InDesign is a plus.
- Must be able to read scaled drawings and plans.
- Must have reliable car and willingness to travel in the Cleveland area to jobsites and vendors.
- Knowledgeable about furniture, lighting, décor and construction sources (plumbing fixtures, tile, cabinetry, etc.)
- Must be collaborative, self-motivated and organized, as well as comfortable working in a laid-back environment.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are weekdays 8am-4pm. This position may occasionally require longer hours. Compensation based on experience with paid vacation.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Beard Group/Brightwater Interior Design Studio is hiring an Office Assistant. This role is not specifically design focused but familiarity with the design/construction industry is a plus. The Office Assistant’s responsibilities will include helping with everyday office duties/tasks related to both companies. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment with a strong attention to detail. We are looking for someone who is responsible, flexible, hard- working with a laid back and fun personality. We are a small, rapidly-growing company, with everyone pitching in where needed.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Assist/support executive office staff
- Maintaining our wait list and responding to potential client inquiries
- Running errands
- Making sure the office is organized and stocked
- Managing construction permitting & inspection schedules
- Managing vendor inquiries & scheduling
- Coordinate installation details of multiple projects
- Managing sample library & returning samples
- Develop proposals & write purchase orders, track orders, receive orders & managereturns
- Creation of client/project binders to maintain organization of project
- Update client portals & electronic files via Google Drive
- Maintain & update website
- Assisting with social media & marketing
- Assisting with client billing & general office billing
- Assisting executive staff with additional various tasks
- Experience in design/construction industry is a plus, but not required
- Proficient in Google Drive & Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Strong research, writing, organizational & grammar skills
- Friendly & engaging personality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Based on experience and availability, we are open to either a part-time or full-time position. Hourly rate based on experience.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.